Saturday, December 1, 2012

Winter is coming...

Europe in the Winter. One of the many reasons I chose to study abroad in the first place. It seems strange that I would count this as a significant reason but when you are raised solely in sunny southern California you tend to never experience true "seasons". I have to say that the cold weather hit so fast. One weekend it was still warm and beautiful enough to go to the beach for the day. The next day it was time to bust out the scarves and beanies. Everyday now involves being very particular and thorough about what I choose to wear. Layering has become the key. Inside café's the heater is always blasting and outside is drastically cold. For someone like myself who loves a reason to buy new clothes this has been the real fun of the adventure. Coats, scarves, beanies, gloves, rain boots, thick socks and leggings have all become necessities.

And now, here come the holidays! While I didn't spend Thanksgiving in Florence (to be honest there really is not a point since of course it is an American holiday) and instead chose to spend it in Paris, I am very excited to wander around the city to see what Christmas in Florence is like. Already all around the center area there are lights being strung and beautiful store displays encouraging the Christmas spirit. The beautiful decorations have always been my favorite part of Christmas other than the time I get to spend with family and friends. I'm determined to maintain some of my Christmas traditions such as baking goodies and watching holiday movies. But i'm also extremely excited to see what Florence has in store for me this season. Might even be my first white Christmas :)

stay tuned for posts about my numerous trips over the past couple of weeks.

Sorry again to my followers for the long absence.

ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment