Thursday, August 30, 2012

"Truth"

I have arrived in Florence and I can not begin to describe how I feel. I'm in awe, in shock, in disbelief? None of these terms seem to live up to what I am experiencing internally. For someone who has never left their own small area of Southern California to decide to pack up and move to another country is entirely insane. It has taken me coming here to realize this. However, the truth is that this is exactly what someone like myself needed. A push. Away from comfort and predictability. Allow myself to embrace a better version of myself. This concept is my driving force for the next year of my life. I desire to not only learn about Italy, the culture, the language... I also wish to learn about who I am and what this trip will allow me to accomplish. I hope to uncover a deeper understanding of my purpose.

It all starts with a push.


No comments:

Post a Comment